Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Selamat Gawai Dayak 2011

31.05.2011   Gawai Eve 2011

I believe everyone is busy cooking up a storm, pansoh manok, pansoh pulut being the number 1 compulsory dish.  This year EtE's family tukar selera; making pulut kelupis instead.

Anyway, on this day, 20 years ago, di saat saat orang sibuk besedia, EtE pun sibuk besedia ka beranak.  Anak sulung gitu.  Benung berempas pulas ngetat ke labour pains.  Because it was 1st time, asai ka parai belama meh diak, eventhough nyedut gas to reduce the pain.  Still can feel the pain wai, might as well don't use the gas.  Hehe..EtE's body resistance is so strong, I guess.

Finally at 3.30pm, the baby came out with the help of forceps.  Urghhh.....kasih meda bekas forcep on his forehead...and he weighed 4.1kg!!  Can you imagine that?  First time and so big.   When the ordeal was over, I promised myself, that would be the 1st and the last.  Oh ya?  How come I have 4 now?  No speak me.

Well. EtE was discharged on Gawai day, sempat magi penganan to niang Dr Chin and his staff.  I still remember his words to this day, while he was sewing my 'tear'.  "We doctors cannot drink much, if drunken, susah".  Sinu ngenang ya.  May he rest in peace.

Back home, orang besuka ria ngabang, eating and making merry, EtE ngetat ke 'pedis bekau' and the confinement rules; restricted to ginger and kacang ma.  Fortunately I love to eat those till now.


Ah!...here he is..20 years later. (Alamak, should have scanned the baby photos)



My lovely cikpots ready to serve

Homecook menu; beef by EtE, duck by sis in law


Kena nunggu tengah malam.  A mini pub was set up in my living room. heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...



Here's wishing all my blogging and non blogging friends a Happy Gawai.  Gayu Guru Gerai Nyamai.  Don't drink and drunk.  Stay blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment